If you are a small business owner, have your website and products or services all ready for your clients but you can’t see your website on the first page of Google search – that means your SEO sucks.
You need to face it, there’s not much chance for clients to find your business when it appears on the fourth or eleventh page of search engines, right? But there is space for improvement.
First, make sure you use the free SEO audit to find how your website performs and what you should improve.
Search Engine Optimization is a very effective way to increase the visibility of your business, build leads and revenue. Let’s dive into organic SEO and find out why every small business should perform it.
There are a few things you have to consider according to small business SEO:
Is SEO worth your time?
Well, SEO does take a while before you see the effects but there are lots of long-term benefits associated with it. Internet users still depend on search engines to find websites. So you do need some presence of your business in search engines. Your choice is to work on your SEO or pay-per-click advertising (PPC).
Compared to PPC SEO takes much more time and you can’t see the effects straight away. Climbing the ranks without paying for ads does take some time. It can’t guarantee you the top spot in the rankings. But if optimization is done correctly and using the white hat SEO techniques, it can help your website crawl up to the first page of Google search.
SEO does take more time than PPC to see the results. That’s true. But it is much cheaper. It also attracts more click-through than paid ads. Users quickly learned the difference between organic and paid search results and seem to trust the organic ones more.
SEO is a great budget-friendly option for small businesses. There are times when it’s worth spending money on PPC advertising like when you launch a new product or company and want to build awareness fast.
You need to consider what is more beneficial for your business at the moment and what your budget is. Always remember that your business benefits from combining both SEO and PPC.
SEO helps to optimize our website to be more search engine friendly. It involves different areas from keywords optimization to the links building. As Google algorithm changes frequently that means SEO guides as well. You need to make sure you check it yourself or get an SEO audit and update your strategy according to it.
That’s why sometimes it is worth to invest and hire an SEO expert, who will optimize your website in no time and will save you an enormous amount of time you can spend on focusing on your business goals.
Few tips for local SEO success:
- Optimize info on your business website.
- Choose the domain name that reflects the type and localization of your business (ex: JennaNailsBristol.com)
- Add keywords related to your business location to your page titles
- Make sure your business info is incorporated on each page not just the home page
- Include info about your local area on your website. It will boost visibility in the local business search
- Boost your local SEO by updating your business listing on local directories. Keep it up to date. Search engines scan through these websites to better understand local searches.
- Include photos, videos, URL if possible to make it more attractive
- Put it in the proper category and make sure you use the relevant keywords
- Separate listings if you have a couple of different locations of your business
- Plan an effective linking strategy.
- Share links to your website through your social media channels
- Include links to your business website in your newsletter
- Partner with local communities and events so they can link to your business website
- Avoid spamming your business URL on other websites, forums, and comments
- Social media engagement can increase your visibility in searches. Plan a proactive social media strategy that attracts and engages followers.
- Develop a relationship with local media or bloggers to improve your local SEO results. But make sure they are credible!
As you see, there’s a lot you can do to improve your small business SEO. You do need to plan it and combine both SEO and PPC to get the best results.
If you don’t have enough time to spare to focus on your local SEO it is worth considering hiring the SEO expert, who can do the free audit and advice on the next steps. It will save you the time that you could spend on reaching other goals.
Always remember – you will not receive great effects overnight! But using our SEO guide and tips will help you to optimize your website and see it higher in the searches.
All the above doesn’t exhaust the topic of optimization, bringing the visitors to your website and turning them into loyal customers. Make sure you use our free SEO audit to find how your website performs and what you should improve. Take an action now or stay at the bottom of the searches – the choice is yours.